Bonjourno,
Last night while I was out with some girls from La Salle we ran into boys from Australia. They were on holiday, backpacking through Europe. Rome was one of their last stops and they were leaving for Paris in the morning for a week before heading back to Australia. Their trip sounded like so much fun. I think I would like to backpack through Europe it sounds like it would be amazing. It is so odd how many English speaking people are in Rome. I feel like back home the most interesting location people are from is like California, or maybe Canada, but here I really like being able to meet people from all over the world.
Today the La Salle girls and I went out to explore Rome. It is so amazing how you can just be walking down this one side street and then the next thing you know the Vatican is straight ahead. When you look at a map of Rome everything seems so spread out and far apart but when you are actually there things are a lot closer. It's pretty crazy how the modern and ancient Rome are intertwined. I can't get over the fact that people have been living in this city for Millenniums. Ceasar walked on the same roads that I'm walking on, so did Michaelango, and Da Vinci. There is so much history in this city. I love walking down the road and being able to see huge Ancient Ruins.
Our adventure today started when we were at orientation and were looking at all of Rome from the roof of the school. It was so striking. We could see every part of the city and even some mountains in the far distance. So after many minutes of taking in the scene we decided to go exploring and so we just started walking, and the next thing we knew we were approaching the Vatican. It was beautiful. Everything was white and there were tons of people there. We didn't go inside, the line was too long so we're planning on going back there and making the Vatican an actual day trip and not just a happenstance. I really wish i had the right words to describe what these places look like. I don't even think my pictures truly capture the magnificance of it. Also while we were at the Vatican we saw this guy propose to his girlfriend. It was so romantic, however I did feel like i was invading their perfect moment as i took pictures of it happening.
I can't get over how amazing and beautiful this whole country is. There is just so much to see and do!
Ciao
Amanda
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
sounds like you're having a pretty fantastic time so far. :) you'll get a long email from me the minute i can catch my breath from this weekend.
miss you / love you!
megan
so amazing! and i completly understand about pictures not capturing what you see.
sounds like you are having an awesome time.
miss you to pieces. email is coming shortly.
Post a Comment