So this weekend I was suppose to go the Venice and Bologna and spend quality time with my favorite Yorker in Italy....Whitney! However because of certain circumstances I was unable to go up and participate in the birthday extravaganza! So understandably I was a little disappointed, not that staying in Rome for a weekend isn't amazing it's just I was looking forward to going away. So Friday night after seeing me a little down in the dumps, my roommate, Mary-Kate, suggested that we go to this little town called Ostia, it's about 20 minutes outside of Rome and it's an ancient town in ruins. Knowing that I needed to do something exciting this weekend I agreed to go.
Saturday in Ostia was just the adventure I needed. We ran around the ruins posing and acting like 5 year olds and it was fun. For one day I didn't have to think about the problems in my life, I could relax and just have fun and it was a really nice day. I'm glad that I decided to go with her and didn't sit around all weekend. Plus the weather here has been gorgeous; I wore shorts the other day, that's how nice it was. Great weather on Saturday led us to decide to venture to the beach on Sunday.
Though it was a cloudy and cold day on Sunday, we still took the train to the beach. I love the beach, it doesn't matter what the temperature is outside, and the beach is my favorite place. I love the smell and the feeling of the sand between my toes, I love watching the sail boats and the waves, and I can seriously spend hours at the beach. It is definitely my new favorite place in Rome and now that the weather is getting better and I know how to get there I think I will be making plenty more trips out there. The sea is so blue in Europe, that might be generalizing since I've only seen the water in Barcelona, Capri, and Rome but in all three instances I've been amazed at how blue the water is. It definitely is clearer that the Jersey Shore.No matter how cold it is, and believe me Sunday was freezing; the beach brings a smile to my face. All I need is a good book and the beach and I'm good to go. It's definitely true...the best things in life are free.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment