So I haven't really had a free moment to write a blog since the beginning of March and so this post is kind of a summary of what's been happening in my life for the past month:
Abby, Charlotte, and Whitney came to visit
The weekend after I got back from Germany I had some visitors from York. Abby and Charlotte came and stayed for the week and Whitney came down from Bologna for the weekend. It was such a great week being able to see the three of them. It definitely makes studying abroad easier when you get to see friends. It's kind of like having a little piece of home come to you. Another great thing about visitors is being able to show them around and take them to the most unconventional tourist stops. Like the place that has the greatest selection of Gelato or the cute little markets that people don't realize go on. I would have never thought that my friends would come from the states to visit me. It was a great week and I really enjoyed being able to spend time with them I only wish I didn't have class and could have really spent all of my time with them, I felt bad for leaving them during the week, while I had to go to classes.
The first weekend, before Abby got in, Charlotte Whitney and I spent the day exploring Rome. We started off searching for "Jewish Pizza" which according to Charlotte wasn't pizza at all but a type of dessert. So we went to the Jewish ghetto walked into some of the restaurants but no one sold such a thing. After our day of fun we went out to this club called Coyote. We walked up to the club and noticed that there was a long line to get in but thought we would take a chance and just walk up to the bouncer and it was pretty cool, I told him I was with 4 other girls and he just let us in, no cover, no waiting in line, it was kind of awesome. I honestly thought those things only happened in movies but apparently it does happen in real life, which is good to know. I can't wait to see if I can get the same response in the states. But anyway inside the club the guy to girl ratio was very unbalanced. There was one point where the three of us looked around and noticed an army of Italian men around us. There must have been at least 15 guys surrounding us. To some extent it was hilarious...we looked at each other and busted out laughing. But it was kind of scary having so many people around you.
Friday, March 14th, Abby Charlotte, and I went to Capri for the day. It was gorgeous. I love seeing historic, man-built things, it's what makes Rome so fascinating, but there is something about natural beauty that really takes your breath away. The water was just so blue and clear and the landscape was just amazing. I can't really explain how beautiful the island was.I was sad to see the girls leave but I definitely needed some rest time. By the end of the week I was so exhausted, juggling classes, homework, touring the city, and catching up with friends sure took a lot out of me....The girls left early Sunday morning but I only had 2 days to rest because Julie was coming on Tuesday!
Julie visits Me (and Rome)
So two days after Charlotte and Abby left I got another York visitor-Julie. It honestly is awesome having visitors and getting to share your city with them. I rarely ever get visitors in Philly but I went to Rome and all sorts of people wanted to come spend time with me...it's a nice feeling, knowing people will travel internationally to see you, it makes you really believe that your friendship is important to them. So anyway Julie came from Poland to spend Easter Week with me. The first few days of her visit I really couldn't spend time with her because it was mid-term week and so a huge portion of my time was spent studying.
Friday after all of my midterms were over, Julie and I went to Florence....and this time I got to spend all day there and we didn't get lost, AND we got on the right train. It was quite a successful trip. We waited in line to see the David for like 2 hours but it was definitely worth it once we got inside and saw him. Seeing amazing artwork like that makes me wish I was artistic, but I can barely drawl stick figures and color in the lines. It was a really nice day in Florence, until it started pouring rain. The rain continued for the rest of the weekend.
Sunday morning Julie, Mary-Kate and I woke up at the crack of dawn so that we could get to the Vatican early and try to get a good standing spot of Easter Mass....we didn't have tickets so we assumed we'd be standing in the St. Peter's square. However since we got there so early we got to sit down in the front...we were 3 rows from the front. It was really awesome, There were so many people there for mass, it was crazy. Julie and I got up on our chairs to look around behind us and the mob of people went on forever, and people were waving flags and signs from different countries it was a very worth while experience. And even though it poured and there was thunder and lightening we stayed, with everyone else until the end. By the time we got back to my apartment we were soaking wet, and freezing cold. We all jumped into pjs and under blankets and took naps until we were woken up by a large crash. The storm was so violent outside that it had thrown one of the brooms on our porch into our door causing the glass door to break.
This was my first Easter not spent with my family and so at some parts of the day it didn't even feel like Easter, but all the La Salle girls that hadn't left for Spring Break, and all their visitors had a really big and nice Easter Dinner. It was really cute and nice and it was a really nice Easter for not being with my family. I got to see the Pope, and spend time with new and old friends!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I told you about Coyote before you left!!
There were so many Italian guys in there when we went, they stopped letting guys in all together unless they had a girl with them!
So technically, they only let us in because I was with Kyle.
I guess they have too many guys in there alot!
-Emily
Post a Comment